2019 Awards and Recognition
- Category: Press Room
- Posted On:
Christian Health (CH) programs, services, residences, employees, and volunteers were truly blessed to receive numerous awards, and recognition in 2019.
- The American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living presented CH with the 2019 Gold – Excellence in Quality Award for superior performance in long-term/post-acute care and assisted living. CH is one of only five providers nationwide to receive the Gold award, and the first and only recipient in New Jersey to be recognized for skilled nursing since the award’s inception two decades ago.
- The Township of Wyckoff issued a proclamation in recognition of the Gold Award.
- Ramapo Ridge Behavioral Health (RRBH) earned Disease-specific Care Certification for Dementia from The Joint Commission for a second two-year term. RRBH is the only hospital in New Jersey and one of only two in the nation to receive this distinction.
- The Longview Assisted Living Residence received Advanced Standing status from the Health Care Association of New Jersey Foundation and the New Jersey Department of Health. This is the eighth consecutive year that Longview has received the designation since it was developed seven years ago.
- Heritage Manor Nursing Home and Southgate behavior-management unit underwent excellent surveys by the New Jersey Department of Health.
- The Immunization Action Coalition named Christian Health as an Honor Roll Facility for 100-percent compliance by employees and volunteers with influenza immunization.
- New Jersey Department of Health in partnership with the New Jersey Hospital Association awarded RRBH with Bronze recognition in its Antimicrobial Stewardship Program.
- CHCC received a 5-Star Quality Rating by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- The Health Care Association of New Jersey recognized Ellen DeBel, RN-BC, C-AL, CDP, Longview Health Services Director, as 2019 Nurse of the Year. HCANJ also recognized CHCC’s Junior Volunteer Program as 2019 Volunteer of the Year – Group.
- LeadingAge New Jersey honored Robert Zierold, Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer, with the 2019 Professional Advancement award. LeadingAge also presented CHCC’s Person and Family Advisory Council with its Excellence in Innovation award.