Southgate Special Care: Compassionate Skilled Nursing Care
Southgate Special Care is a healing, therapeutic environment that provides compassionate care for older adults with cognitive disorders and behavioral disturbances associated with Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia – one of only four similarly licensed communities in the state of New Jersey.
We have recently completed extensive renovations on the community to further foster a peaceful, serene setting that will help alleviate resident symptoms and ease stress.
New additions to Southgate include:
- Four new resident rooms to meet community demand as requested by the state
- New designs for all resident rooms and bathrooms, lounges, activity spaces, dining areas, hallways, shower rooms, and nurses’ station
- An inviting family lounge for private visits
- A comforting pet therapy area
- A multisensory Snoezelen lounge with therapeutic lighting, aromatherapy, and sound to promote relaxation
- A tranquil Circadian rhythm lighting system
- A state-of-the-art updated security system, upgraded door safety, and a new nurse-call system
Southgate Special Care has a skilled multidisciplinary team and provides individualized and person-centered therapeutic activities in a stimulating and social yet soothing environment. Team members receive specialized instruction and training in delivering considerate, gentle care to all residents so that they can effectively deescalate conflict and promote calmness.
Learn More about Southgate Special Care
If Southgate Special Care sounds right for your loved one, we would love to tell you more. For more information and to take a 360-degree virtual tour to get a glimpse of our beautiful and thoughtfully redesigned community visit ChristianHealthNJ.info/Southgate.