How to prevent the spread of germs and stay healthy
- Category: General
- Posted On:
Christian Health remains committed to the health, wellness, and safety of our residents, patients, clients, consumers, and staff. Dr. Allen Khademi, Vice President of Medical Affairs, offers tips to help prevent the spread of germs and keep yourself healthy:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly (for at least 20 seconds).
- If you are unable to wash your hands, use hand sanitizer that is 60 to 95 percent alcohol-based.
- Regularly disinfect frequently used objects (like smartphones) and surfaces.
- Cover sneezes and coughs with a tissue or the inside of your elbow, not your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
In addition, caretakers should wear personal protective equipment when needed, which may include code-approved masks, gloves, and gowns.
Read more information about CHCC’s COVID-19 preparedness plan of action here. For more tips on preventing the spread of germs, visit cdc.gov/coronavirus/.